Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Journal Entry: June 9, 2009

Journal Entry: Weight = 174.0; Coinage = $1.77 (.77 from residual walk from day before), 37 pennies, 6 nickels, 6 dimes, 2 quarters; Glass bottles retrieved = 7; Ground scores = 6. Most rewarding find was a weathered quarter found along a curb during a residual walk to the post office.

Runner-up find was 4 dimes and 3 pennies in a grocery store’s money tender reject compartment. I checked it twice, once upon entering the store and once when leaving. The entry check was zero, it was the exit check that yielded the .43 find.

This morning’s scheduled walk yielded .58 at a Burger King drive through. Also, I lugged home a worthy coat rack that will become a caddy for my rakes and shovels. Spoke briefly to a fellow early morning walker. He hardly noticed since he was more engrossed with music coming from his I-pod. He wasn’t a money walker since he walked right by two newspaper vending machines. He had a great pace. I admired his thinness.

Tomorrow I will feature Mark Bittman, a New York Times food columnist and his views “..on what’s wrong with what we eat."

MoneyWalker

3 comments:

  1. Why don't they look down? This morning I waited at the newspaper stand for a man to finish reading the headlines. After he left I picked up the penny that was between his feet. Then I plucked four quarters out of one machine and one out of another. (They weren't his quarters or I would have returned them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love weathered coins. They are so much more fun to discover than shiny new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your second comment inspired me. I will be talking about weathered coins and the savior complex in my next feature blog.

    ReplyDelete